Information we collect and receive
We collect data in three different categories:
We collect certain categories of information from all users of our website.
- Service usage data: With the help of third parties like Google Analytics we automatically collect visitor usage data. This may include your IP address, location, device and browser type, demographic information, or similar information, as well as a record of the pages or screens you visit. This data is anonymized and not connected to your specific account.
- Service logs: As with most websites and applications, our services automatically collect information when you access the Service. This log data may include your IP address, the address or location of the requested web page, your browser type and settings, the date and time of the event, and data from your user session (such as your session identifier).
- Email communications: For users who choose to send us email (such as for customer service, media or business development inquiries, or other purposes), we retain a record of the conversation including your email address and messages.
- Chat and social media messages: For users who interact with us on social media or chat services (like Twitter or Discord, respectively), we may retain a record of those communications including your service identity and messages.
For visitors who use our Services, we may collect the following information. None of this information is collected automatically, you must choose to provide it.
- Email addresses: Users may choose to provide their email address, which we store on our servers.
- Third party accounts: Users may choose to link third party accounts like Steam, Battle.net, Twitch, Discord, Twitter, etc. In this case, we store the identities and related metadata for those third party accounts.
- User submitted content: Users may choose to submit original content like forum threads, comments, profile customizations, and other user created or submitted content. We collect and store this information on our servers.
For Users who pay the Company for services (the "Customer"), we may collect the following information. None of this information is collected automatically, you must choose to provide it.
- Email addresses: Customers are required to provide their email address, which we store on our servers.
- Payment data: Customers must provide their name, payment method and related payment details. Additionally, we may receive your IP address, transaction identifiers and metadata as part of completing your purchase. We use PayPal and Stripe to process payments and never process or store your credit card or bank information on our servers.
How we use information
We use the information collected for the following purposes:
- To provide, update, maintain, and operate the Services: We use User, Customer, and Website Information to provide customized features for you on the Services. We may use Website Information to improve website performance and resolve problems with the Services.
- To develop and provide additional features on the Services: We use User, Customer and Website Information to aide in making decisions about the future of the Services, such as making improvements or creating new features. For example, we may aggregate and anonymize User Information and/or Customer Information to determine the number of visitors who have linked their Twitch account and whether further information about the benefits of such linking would be helpful.
- To communicate with you by responding to your requests, comments and questions: We use User, Customer, and Website Information to aide in the resolution of support tickets for purposes of customer service or business development.
- To send emails and other communications: We use User and Customer Information to send you service, technical and other administrative emails, messages and other types of communications. We may also contact you to inform you about changes in our Services or important Services-related notices. These communications are considered part of the Services and you may not opt out of them without discontinuing use of the Services. In addition, we sometimes send emails about new product features, promotional communications or other news about the Services. These are marketing messages and you can control whether you receive them.
- For billing, account management and other administrative matters: We use User and Customer Information to contact you for billing, account management and similar reasons.
- For business development purposes: We use Website Information to aide in the growth of the business of the Company. To investigate and help prevent security issues, fraud, or other illegal activity.
- For other purposes as required by applicable law, legal process or regulation, including, but not limited to, in the event that any of the personal information you provided to us is exposed to unauthorized third-parties. In the event of such unauthorized exposure, we expressly reserve the right to provide notice to you electronically via any email address you have provided directly to us if permitted to do so by law.
- To investigate or defend against third-party claims against the Company.
- To respond to a request by you, or a person authorized by you, to disclose or delete any collected information.
- For any other purpose after receiving your express consent.
How and to whom we share and disclose information
We may share the information we collect according to the following guidelines: